Hindukush Trails has already helped mountain communities in the following areas:
- Eradicated poppy from traditional growing areas of Boroghil, Arkari, Darkot and Ishkuman by introducing tourism as an alternate source of income.
- Organized environmental campaigns, workshops and seminars for educational institutions and stakeholders at Chitral, Balach and Buni.
- Organized cleanliness drives in mountain areas such as Shandur where traditional annual festivals are held.
- Provided Darkhanan Deh, Tolihan Deh and Muldeh villages with a sports area spread over five acres to encourage unemployed youth to pursue healthy outdoor sports activities.
- Provided computer literacy to Community School Shahinagar at Drosh
- Financed physiotherapy equipment for Special Children’s School at Chitral.
- Helped set up a technical training camp for mountain guides in Tirich valley.
- Started educational scholarship for talented and need village youth.
- Helped build school in remote areas
- Established Eco tourism trips in the Hindukush, Hindu Raj, Karakorum mountains and Chitral and Swat valleys.
Bookmark / Share This Page With Your Friends